CONE UK Version 9 ***
Chapter 8 of the Traffic Signs Manual (Roadworks and Temporary Situations Parts 1 & 2) has been revised.
Since the previous edition was published in 2006, the Highways Agency and the Transport Research Laboratory have been working with the traffic management industry to bring the new edition into a more user-friendly condition, based on operational experience.
Our technical team have studied the revisions and carefully applied the changes within, this along with additional productivity enhancements means we will be releasing Version 9 of CONE UK during April 2009.
Here is a list of the major changes in version 9:-
1) Standard layout drawings (TSAMs) have been redrawn in accordance with the new Chapter 8, and the whole set of drawings expanded - there are now over 400 standard drawings, up from around 200 in the previous version
2) Massively expanded set of folders for dual carriageways with and without hard shoulders in line with how Chapter 8 now considers Traffic Management for these types of road, making it easier for users to comply with the new edition.
3) Expanded range of approach signing arrays plus new traffic management layouts for 3 and 4 way junctions and roundabouts on single carriageways.
4) Straight and reverse curve lane changeovers and crossovers redrawn to be more in proportion with associated tapers, making schematic layouts more realistic.
5) Updated and extended set of Emergency Traffic Management drawings for both police and non-police users.
6) Over 400 extra files in the ROADS AND JUNCTIONS folder.
7) Updated Chapter 8 details.
8) Over 900 new files in the SIGNS folders, including VMS signing for motorways.
9) New drawings for lane changeovers on single carriageways.
10) New navigation tools make it easier to find a select appropriate layouts.
11) New facilities and methods to ease the placement of Traffic Management onto OS and other maps.
12) The inclusion of road markings and other features in line with Chapter 5 of the Traffic Signs Manual.
13) New improved CAD system for Standalone Versions.
14) AutoCAD LT no longer fully supported - Crossgrade to
CALL 1484 489339